Meet Paola Girotti from Sugarmoon Salon
Get to know the people behind your favourite places & spaces in downtown Burlington! We’ll be introducing you to a new owner & business throughout the year!
This week, meet Paola Girotti from Sugarmoon Salon. Check out her interview with us below and find her full story featured in The Toronto Star here.
1. Why did you start/open your business?
Paola founded Sugarmoon in 2002 as she wanted to bring a fresh approach and natural solutions to the hair removal and beauty industry. She saw a niche in the market, having an up close and personal view of having sensitive skin and a lot of hair growth as a teen. It is her passion to help people and bring natural alternatives to the market.
2. Tell us a little bit about yourself and your business. (i.e. What is your unique offering?)
Sugarmoon offers body and facial sugaring and skin care services. We use sugar paste to remove hair because not only is it extremely effective, it’s also safe to use on sensitive skin, it doesn’t damage skin, will never burn you, and is great to avoid ingrown hairs. We focus on natural options for skin and body care and have our own line of facial and body products along with other lines made with natural ingredients that we love. We also focus on being an inclusive space for all genders to find safe and effective services.
3. When did you open your business in Downtown Burlington?
Sugarmoon Burlington opened in March 2020.
4. What made you choose Downtown Burlington?
We love being part of a neighborhood and Downtown Burlington was both a beautiful place to be and we love the neighborhood quality. Everyone has been so welcoming to us, we just love it here. Downtown Burlington is also full of wonderful personal care businesses and we think Sugarmoon is a great addition to what’s already available. We look forward to being great community partners.
5. What other downtown businesses do you frequent and do business with?
We’re all addicted to Tamp Coffee, Kelly’s Bake Shoppe and Son of a Peach.
6. What special events do you have coming up in 2021 that you would like the BDBA to promote and/or publish on our website and social media outlets?
July 2021 we’ve got 20% off all retail products (excluding EyEnvy) and will be updating monthly on our promos.
7. If you had a piece of advice for our new businesses, to help them succeed, what would it be?
Make sure you have enough cash flow for times that are unpredictable.
8. With a business name that includes the word sugar … if you could only have one dessert for the rest of your life … what would it be?
Follow them on social!
Facebook: Sugarmoon Body Sugaring and Skin Care Salon