Meet Mohamed from Style And Shave Barber Shop
Get to know the people behind your favourite places & spaces in downtown Burlington! We’ll be introducing you to a new owner & business throughout the year!
This week, meet Mohamed Zuaiter from Style And Shave Barber Shop.
1. Why did you start/open your business?
I was a barber before coming to Canada and I’m very dedicated to my craft, opening a shop was really just the obvious next step for me. I wanted to create a space where people could feel welcome and appreciated, no matter who they are or where they came from.
2. When did you open your business in Downtown Burlington?
In August of 2020. It’s been a rocky year but our clients have really had our backs through all of it.
3. What made you choose Downtown Burlington?
There’s a real sense of community here, amongst both the businesses and the residents in the area. There’s so much love and support and I wanted to be a part of that.
4. What other downtown businesses do you frequent and do business with?
At the shop, we frequent our neighbours at Starbucks on a daily basis, we love how friendly the staff always is. We also love Oddspot and Centro Garden for their really unique, eclectic selections. If you’re looking for the best tacos ever, Burro is the place to go and is a frequent lunch break destination for us.
5. What special events do you have coming up in 2021 that you would like the BDBA to promote and/or publish on our website and social media outlets?
Back to school season is coming up soon so we’ll be offering a back to school discount! Haircuts for kids 10 and under will be $20 plus tax from August 15 to September 15.
6. If you had a piece of advice for our new businesses, to help them succeed, what would it be?
If you’re friendly and personable, people will want to return. Let them know how much you appreciate their business and support, especially during these hard times.
7. If you could cut the hair of any famous person (living or dead) who would it be and why?
Cristiano Ronaldo, he’s my favourite soccer player and he always has perfect haircuts!
Follow them on social!