Meet Cathy & Taylor of Mezzmerize Medical Aesthetics
Get to know the people behind your favourite places & spaces in downtown Burlington! We’ll be introducing you to a new owner & business throughout the year!
This week, meet mother-daughter duo Cathy and Taylor of Mezzmerize Medical Aesthetics
1. Why did you start/open your business?
Cathy: In 2005 I had the opportunity to work as a recovery room nurse, patient consultant and as an injector for an amazing plastic surgeon. During this time, I was also a hospital nurse and I slowly started to realize that I found my new passion in the cosmetic beauty field.
I never dreamt of owning a business, but here I am 13 years later, and I have met some incredible people who helped me along the way.
2. Tell us a little bit about yourself and your business. (i.e. What is your unique offering?)
Here at Mezzmerize Medical Aesthetics we are a family-owned business (mother-daughter team) offering a variety of cosmetic services to make you feel beautiful inside and out!
Our goal is to make you the best possible version of YOU.
3. When did you open your business in Downtown Burlington?
We opened our doors in 2008, but we recently moved locations and are celebrating our 1 year anniversary in our new location.
Our new location is : 422 Pearl Street, Unit 51 (Located inside of Village Square) Come say hi !
4. What made you choose Downtown Burlington?
Cathy: My nephew operates a business Downtown Burlington (Salon Red) and I just loved the location and the people in the downtown core. This prompted me to set up shop here .
5. What other downtown businesses do you frequent and do business with?
Salon Red: Hair Salon
ELeVATOR bistro: For a unique dining experience
BUVETTE: A restaurant coming to the downtown core
BENCHMARK FITNESS: Gym (Say Hi to Alli and Matt)
Branded Burlington: For all of your printing and apparel needs
Grounded Pilates: Our lovely neighbours
Spa in the Village: Go to place for massages, manicures and pedicures
Edgar Family Chiropractic: Amazing husband and wife team
Lola Choco Bar & Sweet House: Our go to place for coffee and sweet treats
Village Square Supplements: For that energy boost
Kelly’s Bake Shoppe: For delicious vegan treats
Specs on Pearl: Beth keeps us looking trendy with her sunglasses
6. What special events/promotions do you currently have or coming up in 2021 that you would like the BDBA to promote and/or publish on our website and social media outlets?
For the whole month of September 2021, we are celebrating our 1 year at our new location and to celebrate we want to promote the following:
– 15% off all in stock Medical Grade Skincare
– $25 off Oxygeneo 3-in-1 Super Facials
– Neuromodulator (Botox / Xeomin/ Dysport) $8 a unit (Regular $10 a unit)
– $50 off all Dermal Fillers (1mL)
– 15% off all laser treatments
* These promotions will go on for the entire month of September
7. If you had a piece of advice for our new businesses, to help them succeed, what would it be?
Follow your passion and don’t be afraid. There will be bumps in the road, but you CAN do it. I did.
8. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life … what would it be?
Cathy : Pizza of course.
Taylor: Anything SWEET. Probably chocolate cake.
Follow them on social!