Meet the Owner at My Roti Place/My Dosa Place
Get to know the people behind your favourite places & spaces in downtown Burlington! We’ll be introducing you to new owners & businesses throughout the year!
This week, meet Vikash Bairoliya, Owner, My Roti Place/My Dosa Place
1. Why did you start/open your business?
We are a team passionate about food and truly love the art of making and serving different cuisines. This is what made us enter into restaurant business.
2. Tell us a little bit about yourself and your business.
We are a team of three partners (Maulik, Gaurav and myself) who came together from completely different backgrounds. It is again the love for food which binds us together. What makes us different is the combination of cuisines that we bring on the platter. We serve rotis (Indian curries) and dosas (a popular dish from southern India which has gained a lot of global traction over the years) under one roof.
3. What made you choose Downtown Burlington to open your business?
The vibrancy of Burlington Downtown drew us to this amazing place. We see a magnificent footfall on the lakeshore with various ethnicities coming to enjoy a walk at the pier, which makes it a lot more exciting for any business to be at this spot.
4. What other downtown businesses do you frequent and do business with?
- No Frills
- Lettuce Love Café
- I Love Gelato
5. If you had a piece of advice for our new businesses, to help them succeed, what would it be?
We take customer service very seriously as we believe that only this can make a business sustainable. And of course consistency in the product quality is of paramount importance.
6. What are YOUR top three favourite dishes on your menu?
Honey Garlic Cauliflower, Chicken Curry & Masala Dosa.
7. If you could invite any famous person to dinner, who would it be and why?
Well, this could be a long list. The top on the list will be Bianca Andreescu. It was terrific to see the way she catapulted Canada in the Tennis world.
Follow them on social!