What it Means: The Children’s Holiday Art Contest
Viewing the world through a child’s eyes is an amazing thing. Children are able to capture the imaginative and simple beauty of the world, doing so in a way that brings a smile to just about any face.
As our downtown community gathers this winter holiday season, we are inviting children ages 12 and under, from all across Burlington, to creatively show us what the holidays mean to them. In support of the Burlington Downtown Gift Card program, we are proudly introducing our latest initiative: What it Means: The Children’s Holiday Art Contest.
We are asking our young and talented community to draw what the holidays mean to them, and what makes it oh-so-special. Gathering with friends and family, helping to prepare a traditional holiday meal, skating & hot chocolate, or the first snowfall of the year or the annual family car ride to look at the twinkling lights…..whatever makes their little hearts soar, we want to see it! The winning design will be featured as part of the gift card holiday packaging for the Burlington Downtown Gift Card Program starting November 15th through December 31st. Our winning family will receive a $250.00 Burlington Downtown Gift Card and have the opportunity to be featured in our supporting marketing material.
The Burlington Downtown Gift Card program supports over 75 local businesses throughout our downtown. With new and exciting stores, restaurants and experiences hiding around each corner, give the gift of exploration and discovery this season. Giving back to your community and spreading your spin on holiday cheer, what could be merrier?
Need a little inspiration? Click here for some examples from some of our little community artists!
Wishing you and yours a safe, warm, and happy holiday season!
From your friends at the Burlington Downtown Business Association
How to Enter:
- Click here to download the art template
- Have your little(s) design their drawing of what the holidays means to them
- One design submission per child
- Submit your design / photo of the artwork to email@example.com by November 5th with the subject line “Children’s Holiday Art Contest Submission”
- Feel free to include any information you’d like about your child(ren) and their inspiration!
- Click here to download our artist’s interview
Choosing the Winning Design:
- Our BDBA staff will review all submissions
- Only one (1x) design will be chosen
- The winning design will be contacted via the same email used to apply on November 6th
- Late entries will not be eligible
What’s Included for the Winning Design:
- • Holiday art featured on upwards of 500 pieces of Burlington Downtown gift card holiday packaging
- 1x $250.00 Burlington Downtown Gift Card
- 1x Feature in the BDBA “Happenings” bi-weekly enewsletter
- 1x art feature on the BDBA social channels (Instagram & Facebook) to an audience of 28k +
Have any questions or concerns? Let us know!