Parking in Downtown Burlington
There are over 1500 public parking spaces throughout Downtown Burlington to meet your short and longer-term needs. Our downtown uses a pay-by-plate system which accepts cash at the conveniently located machines as well as HONK! Mobile.
Parking in downtown Burlington is free weekdays after 6 p.m. , weekends and holidays with the exception of the Waterfront parking lots at Spencer Smith Park.
Short term (on-street) parking is $1.75/hour.
NEW until April 20th, 2021 – 90 minutes of parking is on us! Drop a quarter in the machine, type in your license plate and enjoy 90 minutes of parking courtesy of the City of Burlington and businesses of Burlington Downtown.
How to get your bonus 90 minutes of parking:
- Park in an on-street spot or in any municipal parking lot
- Pay for parking at machine or using HonkMobile app. The minimum payment is $0.25.
- An additional 90 bonus minutes will be added to the time you pay for
- If your time expires, including the additional 90 bonus minutes and you wish to stay longer to shop or eat, you can extend your time by paying for more parking using HonkMobile app or inserting more money into the machine, up to three hours in street and all day in lots.
Learn more about:
- Downtown Parking 101 – a guide to parking downtown (PDF)
- Downtown Parking – A Guide for Downtown Businesses
- Free parking information
- Interactive parking map
- Special event parking map
- Pay-By-Plate parking machines in downtown Burlington
- HonkMobile app – search, pay for and top-up parking payments in downtown Burlington direct from your smartphone or tablet
- New parking technology