CELEBRATING 40 YEARS OF MEMORIES MADE IN BURLINGTON DOWNTOWN
Contest closed! Thank you so much for those that shared their favourite memory of Burlington Downtown for the chance to win the opportunity to make even more great memories during a weekend stay! Featured submissions have been loaded below.
40 years ago, the small business community in our downtown core came together to create the first Burlington Downtown Business Association. They wanted to create a beautiful and vibrant space that would welcome patrons from near and far to their shops, restaurants and other professional businesses. And, that is exactly what they did. Throughout the last 40 years, downtown Burlington has become the heartbeat of our city and the backdrop for countless memories for many residents and visitors.
While a lot has changed in 40 years, some things have very much stayed the same. Even today, as we face our biggest challenge yet, the COVID-19 pandemic, our business owners are demonstrating their resilience, creativity and unbridled passion for their industries, customers and clients. The video below is a celebration of these business owners and the experiences and memories they bring to our lives each and every day.
***Please note all footage was filmed prior to declaration of the Covid-19 pandemic. ***
Music by local Burlington band Pacific Estate.
Burlington Downtown invites all residents and business owners to join them for a walk down memory lane. Maybe you got engaged under the cherry blossoms at Spencer Smith Park, celebrated a special milestone at one of our restaurants, saw your favourite band at Sound of Music, started your first job at one of our retailers, or cut the ribbon to open the doors of your first business? Share your favourite memory of Burlington Downtown for a chance to make even more memories with one of 3 grand-prize overnight visits to our beautiful downtown core.
Here’s how it works:
- Submit your short story of a special memory or something you love about downtown Burlington to
- firstname.lastname@example.org Photos are always encouraged and may earn your submission extra points with our panel of judges.
- Three (3) grand prize winners will be selected by a panel of judges based on creativity, originality and sincerity.
- Please note that submissions may be used as blogs and/or in future marketing campaigns to promote the downtown community.
- All submissions must be original and not written by anyone other than the person submitting
- Participants must be residents of Halton with a working email and over the age of 18
- Stories must be 300 words minimum
- All submissions must be submitted to email@example.com by December 15, 2020
Each of the 3 Grand Prizes include:
- One (1) night stay at the Waterfront Hotel (with wine and chocolates upon arrival)
- $100 gift certificate to the Burlington Downtown restaurant of the winner’s choice
- Two (2) $50 gift certificates to two Burlington Downtown retail shops of the winner’s choice
Lauren & Sandra’s Downtown Memory – WINNER!
Andrew’s Downtown Memory – WINNER!
Joanne’s Downtown Memory – WINNER!