Gift of Giving Back are collecting donations at various drop points throughout the downtown October 19th – 29th!
- Canned vegetables, fish/meat (tuna, chicken, ham, beef, salmon)
- Whole grain cereal (shreddies, cheerios, shredded wheat)
- Brown rice, plain oatmeal, cooking oil, pasta sauce
- Hearty canned soup
- Peanut butter
- Wholegrain, low sugar snacks
- Baby products (food, diapers, formula)
- Instant coffee & tea
- Personal care items (shampoo, soap, feminine hygiene products)
Founded in Burlington, Ontario in 2005, The Gift of Giving Back is now the largest food drive of its kind in Canada that supports, educates and empowers thousands of young hockey athletes, baseball athletes and high school students to compassionately give back to their community. Summer and late Fall annual initiatives are launched to Help our Kids Feed Kids in their community.
Originally launched by the Burlington Eagles, the campaign has grown to include more than 85 male and female youth hockey teams from: The Burlington Girls Hockey Club (Barracudas), Burlington Cougars and the Burlington Eagles. In 2017 we were pleased to announce that baseball teams from BOMBA have joined us in our cause. Together with their parents and community leaders, amount to more than 3,500 volunteers who make this all possible. More on their website here.