Burlington, Ont.—Nov. 22, 2018— To celebrate the holiday season, the City of Burlington will offer free parking (Free P) in downtown Burlington parking lots and on-street spaces throughout the month of December.
Free P allows vehicles to park in on-street parking spaces at no cost for up to three hours. For vehicles parked in municipal parking lots or the parking garage at 414 Locust St., there is no maximum time limit. Free parking overnight in municipal lots is also allowed.
Motorists with downtown parking permits are reminded to continue to park in their assigned parking lot throughout the month of December to maximize the number of parking spaces available for visitors and holiday shoppers.
Burlington is one of Canada’s best and most livable cities, a place where people, nature and business thrive. Sign up to learn more about Burlington at www.burlington.ca/enews and download the free City of Burlington app.
Vito Tolone, Director of Transportation
“This is the sixth year the city has run the Free P program, providing visitors with convenient access to Burlington’s vibrant downtown. The holidays are a great time to experience downtown Burlington and all that the local shops, restaurants and businesses have to offer.”
- The City of Burlington provides 1,500 municipal parking spaces in downtown Burlington.
- Free parking is also offered year-round in the downtown, Monday to Friday after 6 p.m. and all-day Saturday, Sunday and holidays.
- In spring 2018, the city introduced new parking initiatives designed to make it easier for users to find and pay for a parking space in downtown Burlington, including:
- occupancy sensor technology that provides real-time information about available parking spaces in city-owned parking lots
- digital wayfinding signs on primary downtown streets to help direct drivers to lots with available parking spaces
- the introduction of a new pay-for-parking app called HonkMobile.
Links and Resources
For more information about parking in Burlington, visit www.burlington.ca/parking.