Get to know the people behind your favourite places & spaces in downtown Burlington! We’ll be introducing you to a new owner & business throughout the year!
This week, meet Mehwish Umair of D-Derm Aesthetics
1. Why did you start/open your business?
I came to Canada 3 years ago and in this short span of time I realised that the Medical Aesthetics Services are very expensive here. Having a background in this field and a passion to run my own business, I decided to step in this industry and make Medical Aesthetics services affordable & accessible to everyone. I believe we should love the skin we are in and all that requires is self-love and care.
2. Tell us a little bit about yourself and your business. (i.e. What is your unique offering?)
I am an International Medical Graduate with more than 8 years of clinical experience. I decided to integrate my medical background with my genuine passion for Aesthetics and pursued Medical Aesthetics. I believe that the most knowledgeable practitioners in the medical aesthetics industry deliver the best results. I am now a proud member of Canadian Board of Aesthetics Medicine.
D-Derm Aesthetics offers a wide range of services at reasonable price without compromising the quality.
3. When did you open your business in Downtown Burlington?
Canada day, 2020 🙂
4. What made you choose Downtown Burlington?
Honestly, it’s the beauty and energy of DT Burlington that drew me here.
5. What other downtown businesses do you frequent and do business with?
TD bank (Brant street), Dill Pickle wrap, Brant Florist
6. What special events do you have coming up in 2021 that you would like the BDBA to promote and/or publish on our website and social media outlets?
Non-Invasive Body Contouring Treatments – Buy 5 Get 1 Free
Laser Hair Removal Treatments – Buy 5 Get 1 Free
7. If you had a piece of advice for our new businesses, to help them succeed, what would it be?
I would say don’t underestimate Marketing. It’s really an important aspect for a new business, set an appropriate budget for it and it really pays off.
8. If you could have one super-power, what would it be and why?
Being a mom of 4, sometimes it’s challenging to do all your jobs on time 🙂
Follow them on social!