In the spirit of Valentine’s Day this month, we want to celebrate and recognize couples who work together in business everyday.
Sara and Jay from Dollface Beauty Bar!
- How did you both meet?
In NYC during a music business meeting. It was love at first sight. Actually.
- Why did you start working/open your business together?
Because we knew it was what we were meant to do. We work so well together and have the same dreams. We balance each other out!
3. Tell us a little bit about yourselves and your business. (i.e. What is your unique offering?)
We are a very hard working couple who strive to give the best experience to every single client. We care so much about our team, clients and environment that we sometimes forget about ourselves! Dollface is a lash extension salon that is made to make every client feel like a Queen. We make sure that positivity and good vibes are felt every day. We both feel truly blessed to have this magical little business!
- When did you open your business in Downtown Burlington?
August of 2017
- What made you choose Downtown Burlington?
The beautiful people, waterfront, businesses and the Village Square! It just made sense. I’ve (Sara) always loved Burlington.
- What other downtown businesses do you frequent and do business with?
Styled Lounge, Bodega, the Little Pop Up Shoppe, BENCHMARK Fitness, Tamp, The Hood, The North Coal, Lola’ss, Mikado… like all of them!!!
- If you had a piece of advice for other couples starting a business together, to help them succeed, what would it be?
Make sure you are both on the same page about what you want for your business. Communicate regularly, and make time for yourselves! Even if it’s just a date night here and there. Running a business together can be all encompassing. You must have fun! After all, you’re very lucky to get to work with the one you love.
- Do you have any Valentine’s Day traditions?
Date Night! Wine and Dine, then back to the grind 😉