HOME / BLOG
Explore the people and places that make downtown a great place to visit, live and work.
Investors Group: Meet Dave & Lisa-Marie
Posted: Feb 9, 2017
In the spirit of Valentine’s Day this month, we want to celebrate all the couples that make our downtown a special place to work and play.❤️
We applaud and recognize those who work together in business everyday.
Winning & Associates, IG Private Wealth Management: Dave & Lisa-Marie
- How long have you been working together? We have both been in the investment industry for over 25 years however we only starting working together 11 years ago.
- Why did you decide to work together/open a business together? We decided in January of 2011 that I would focus my efforts on looking after the advisors in our office and Lisa-Marie would look after our clients primarily. She has a very strong analytical background and she is amazing with clients. The timing was great because we were both looking for different challenges within our firm.
- How do you balance work-life with your partner? We do and we don’t. The 2 of us run extremely busy practices and so it’s really nice that we completely understand the sacrifices that each other need to make to keep our businesses humming. However, sometimes one of us wants to keep the work conversations flowing while the other wants to completely disconnect and catch up on their Instagram feed 😊
- What’s the best thing about working with your significant other?
Answer #1 – We don’t have explain who’s who in our company or industry terminology to each other.
Answer #2 – We get to drive to work together, eat lunch together, and go home together every day of the week…yes, every single day…… now we don’t even have to leave the house… 😊.
- Do you have anything special planned for Valentine’s Day? (Dinner out/in? Chocolates?) Well we are hoping to be out of the Provincial lockdown so we can visit one of our favourite downtown restaurants. If we are still in lockdown the plan right now is to open a great bottle of wine and make a meal together that we both love to cook and eat.
- Who is the real boss? Please introduce me to the guy who is foolish enough to answer that he is the real boss.
- Anything special you want to say about your significant other?
Answer #1 – Lisa-Marie has done an amazing job of being a great mom, a very successful business owner and partner and she knows exactly when each one is the most important to our family.
Answer #2 – Dave is amazing. I am incredibly blessed and grateful to have a business partner and husband who is as supportive and selfless as he is. I wouldn’t be where I am without him.
To find more about Winning & Associates, IG Private Wealth Management check them out here.
Flavours of Fall
From Pumpkin Spice Lattes to Thanksgiving menus, we’re celebrating the season by eating our way through downtown's autumn treats.
We're going to get through this together. Visit the #TeamBurlington page for mental health resources and toolkit.… https://t.co/KUsg4jFJG9
Apr 17, 2021
RT @AldVillageBIA: ✨ Through @BurlingtonEcDev (https://t.co/k9Z505SvSY) the Digital Service Squad (DSS) is available to you and your busine…
NEWS & EVENTS SIGN-UP