The Burlington Downtown Business Association represents a dynamic group of businesses and services numbering almost-400 strong. We work in partnership with the leading economic development organizations in the city to enhance the prosperity of our business environment.
We have a strong vision and action plan for our Downtown with strategic advantages that include.
- Burlington had the third lowest median detached house and condominium apartment prices in 2016 in comparison to other municipalities in the GTA. Detached house prices were below Markham, Oakville, Toronto and Mississauga.
- Low vacancy rates in prime area
- Public sector investment in the downtown and waterfront continues with completion of Burlington Pier in June 2013
- New residential development projects and land assemblies are contributing to appreciation in downtown land values
- Total job estimates from 2003-2016 place Burlington with the third highest growth rate, 29%, among comparator jurisdictions
- Over forty community events occur in the downtown and waterfront each year
- We boast a climate that attracts a diverse and energetic base of knowledge workers:
- Arts & Culture
- Active outdoor recreation
- Culinary experiences
- Intellectual life
- Burlington was ranked as the second-best place to live in Canada, and best mid-sized city by MoneySense magazine in 2016.
Burlington’s City Council acknowledges that Downtown is the gateway to the city – the first stop for businesses looking to locate and invest. Through the work of a Council appointed Downtown Task Group a new vision and strategic plan is being delivered in 2013: Vision for Downtown Burlington
READY TO INVEST?
Jamie Tellier, Interim Small Business Areas Coordinator
City of Burlington
905-335-7600 ext. 7892
Mary Vallee, Business Recruitment Specialist (contract)
Burlington Downtown Business Association