Discovery Landing overlooks the Burlington Rotary Centennial Pond, a 10,000 square-foot year-round water feature. In the spring, summer and fall it is a reflective pool ideal for model sail boating and in winter it offers free recreational ice-skating.
Enjoy Burlington’s waterfront while skating for free with family and friends all throughout the winter season.
Ice Conditions Hotline: 905-335-7738, ext. 8587
- This line will be updated when regular hours of operation are altered due to ice conditions. An emergency phone is in the lower level of Discovery Landing for all 9-1-1 calls.
Skating Hours (weather conditions permitting):
- Daily, 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Skate Lending Hours:
- Week nights 5 to 10 p.m.
- Saturday & Sunday 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Sizes and styles subject to availability. First come, first served. Skate aids are available.
- The City of Burlington may close the rink for safety reasons at any time or for periodic maintenance. During all ice maintenance, please stand back and do not go on the ice surface when the red light is flashing.
For everyone’s safety and enjoyment, please follow the rules.
- Skate during designated hours only.
- Wear skates (no boots or shoes).
- Wheelchair and ice sledge users are welcome (bring your own equipment).
- Children 6 years and under must wear CSA approved helmets. Helmets are strongly recommended for the safety of all children and adults.
- Children under the age of 10 must be supervised.
- No food, drink, chairs, strollers or sporting equipment are allowed on the ice.
- Don’t drink and skate. Alcohol is not permitted. Zero Tolerance policy is in effect.
- Organized hockey, the use of sticks/pucks and figure skating maneuvers are prohibited.
- All pets are prohibited from being on the ice surface.
- The City of Burlington is not responsible for any injuries, deaths, damages or loss of property.