Get to know the people behind your favourite places & spaces in downtown Burlington! We’ll be introducing you to a new owner & business throughout the year!
This week, meet Kim Roefe, owner of Posh Couture who recently opened at 372 Brant Street!
1. Why did you start/open your business?
I have always loved Fashion and shopping…and loved it even more when I could find a deal. I thought it was time to take my passion and act on it, to help others find that dream item at a great price.
2. Tell us a little bit about yourself and your business. (i.e. What is your unique offering?)
I was born in Oakville and have lived in Burlington for almost 20 years. I have great clients who bring in wonderful (often new with tags) items to consign with me. It allows others to find that perfect piece they may have wanted but didn’t want to pay the full retail price. My items are priced at 50-70% less then retail.
3. When did you open your business in Downtown Burlington?
May 4, 2019
4. What made you choose Downtown Burlington?
I live downtown, I love the area, the stores and restaurants and especially the people. It’s a wonderful community to be part of.
5. What are the biggest benefits of having your business located in the downtown Burlington core?
The customers and the other business owners, lots of people love to visit Burlington especially for the wonderful events.
6. What other downtown businesses do you frequent and do business with?
Joelle’s, Crème de la Crème (I’m addicted to their milkshakes😊), The Martini House, Centro, In House.
7. What special events do you have coming up in 2019 that you would like the BDBA to promote and/or publish on our website and social media outlets?
Nothing particular but I will be participating in all of the Downtown Burlington Events.
8. If you had a piece of advice for our new businesses, to help them succeed, what would it be?
Work hard, do your homework before you open, talk to other businesses in the area, be honest and friendly…..take a chance and live your dream.
9. What is your favourite holiday? Why?
Christmas…I’m a kid a heart and love nothing more getting together with family, lots of decorations, Santa Hats, eating too much turkey, giving to others, the wonderful holiday spirit.
10. If you could have dinner with anyone in the world (living, dead, famous, not famous!) who would it be … and why?
That’s hard, Oprah or Dali Lama…..I love strong people who continually inspire others.
Follow them on social!