Get to know the people behind your favourite places & spaces in downtown Burlington! We’ll be introducing you to a new owner & business throughout the year!
This week, meet Chris owner of Burlington Physiotherapy & Health Clinic!
- Why did you start/open your business?
This is our second location. Forest Hill Physiotherapy & Health Centre in Toronto has been open for 5 years now, and after moving to Burlington we fell in love with the downtown core and really wanted to expand our multidisciplinary health care practice to this wonderful community as well.
- Tell us a little bit about yourself and your business. (i.e. What is your unique offering?)
I am a physiotherapist by trade, and fell in love with the freedom to practice as an entrepreneur. Our approach is putting our clients/patients health center of mind. As a multidisciplinary health care clinic we have many avenues that can assist people from Physiothearpy, Chiropractic, Osteoptathy, Naturopathy, Massage Therapy, Nutrition, Kinesiology, Personal Training, as well as having a studio space offering a variety of classes (Yoga, Pilates, HIIT, TRX, Kettlebell, Kickboxing). We want to build a staple of health promotion, treatment, management, and prevention for our Burlington community.
- When did you open your business in Downtown Burlington?
We opened our doors April 1st 2019
- What made you choose Downtown Burlington?
After moving to downtown Burlington 1 ½ years ago, my wife and I fell in love with the core of the city. Everything from the beautiful waterfront, to the local shops, the events running throughout the city, what was not to love! Not only did we want to move and live here, we wanted a bit of the action
- What are the biggest benefits of having your business located in the downtown Burlington core?
We love to be where the action is. There is nothing like all the local businesses and patrons knowing one another and supporting each others businesses. It really bring that sense of belonging and community together.
- What other downtown businesses do you frequent and do business with?
We eat out as much as we can to experience what Burlington has to offer. We have tried Pintoh, Spencer’s, Paradiso, Table 34, Pepperwood, The Coop, Queens Head, Dickens, Burro (Love the Tacos), and nothing like a nice warm patio brew experience like Emma’s! I like to spoil myself with some nice shirts from Scrivener’s followed by a delightful cupcake from Kelly’s or a to die for donut from Sunshine Doughnuts.
- What special events do you have coming up in 2019 that you would like the BDBA to promote and/or publish on our website and social media outlets?
We are offering all new clients the chance to experience our studio classes for free for 3 weeks. That’s unlimited classes for 3 weeks starting from the first class they take. If people miss out on this opportunity, we will always be offering 30 days of classes for $45. This gives people as chance to experience as much as we have to offer over a period of a month and fall in love with our beautiful space, offerings and staff!
- If you had a piece of advice for our new businesses, to help them succeed, what would it be?
The most important part of owning a business is surrounding yourself by like minded people who support you and your business. This makes coming to work feel like spending time with family!
- What is your favourite holiday? Why?
Family Day. Family and the sense of community is everything. Without it we have no one to share our successes with.
- If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life.. what would it be?
Potatoes – in any form. I have a polish background which may have something to do with it!
Follow them on social!