Get to know the people behind your favourite places & spaces in downtown Burlington! We’ll be introducing you to a new owner & business throughout the year!
This week, meet Stacey from Blo Blow Dry Bar!
- Why did you start/open your business?
From a young age, my mom would always ensure my hair was neat, tidy and shiny, she would always say “a women’s hair is her crowning glory” and she was the definition of that.
I love the concept of creating a beautiful and “pink” escape where in 45 minutes we are part of making women feel beautiful and creating an environment that feels like it’s a girl’s party no matter the age!
- Tell us a little bit about yourself and your business. (i.e. What is your unique offering?)
- Proud mom to two fabulous grown up girls who have played an integral part in this adventure.
- Married to a car fanatic and speed demon – he’s my rock and # 1 fan!
- Crazy in love with my fur child Tino, (orepei).
- New in town…just moved to Burlington.
We specialize in blow out’s, up do’s, full make up and bridal services. Our bar offers an extensive collection of Unite and Wow hair products, Glow Make up, and other must have accessories such as bouffants (gorgeous shower caps) Savvy Sleepers (pillow cases) hair bands, brushes…all to keep your blow out lasting for days. We also offer mobile services (hair, make up and bridal).
- When did you open your business in Downtown Burlington?
September 15th, 2018
- What made you choose Downtown Burlington?
I love the area, the vibe, the proximity of the lake…even on gloomy days, just look south and to see that body of water, really makes me smile. I love our clients, they are smart, thoughtful, kind and beautiful women…and soooo much fun!
- What are the biggest benefits of having your business located in the downtown Burlington core?
The exposure of the foot traffic, local residents and all the community events that we can now be part of!
- What other downtown businesses do you frequent and do business with?
(i.e. banking, dentist, shopping, where do you eat, etc.)
TD, MollyCake, Joelle’s, Tamp Coffee Co. – I’m still exploring as I’m new to the area – but every day I find a new gem!
- What special events do you have coming up in 2018 that you would like the BDBA to promote and/or publish on our website and social media outlets?
I will be hosting a “Holiday/Glamour event” where we invite local retailers to join us and provide a one stop holiday shopping hub along with make-up demos (November 2018)
- If you had a piece of advice for our new businesses, to help them succeed, what would it be?
Create an environment by thinking like an employee and customer…that daily end to end experience.
- What is your favourite holiday? Why?
Christmas…aside from proudly displaying my Nutcracker collection, 38 and counting, it’s the one time of year where I don’t have to reinvent the wheel, I stick to old traditions (baking and decorating) and love adding new members, family and friends to share in making memories that will last a lifetime.
- What was the last gift you gave someone?
A girl Elf…I really do love Christmas spirit and everything about it (even in July).
Follow them on social!