In the spirit of Mother’s Day this May we want to celebrate all the moms that make our downtown a special place to work and play.
We applaud and recognize those mothers & daughters and mothers & sons that work together in business everyday.
Sue, Catherine, Alex & Chris from Lakeshore Coffee House
- How long have you two been working together?
“Since we opened about three years ago.”
- Why did you decide to work together/open a business together/come on-board?
“They wanted to help mom succeed in her dream.”
- How do you balance work-life with your personal-relationship?
“We don’t really have any trouble working together – I contact Catherine whenever we need some PR done, it could be Instagram or taking some photos for us, she just gets it done. And my daughter Alex, I can call her at a moment’s notice if we run out of something she’ll race off to buy us more – both my girls are so helpful.”
My son Christopher is in charge of security, he installed all the video surveillance.
- What’s the best thing about working with your son and daughters?
“They’re all so bubbly … so outgoing … they speak their mind – I’m so proud of them … of all my kids!”
- What’s the best thing about working with your mom?
The kids were not available for comment
- Do you have any Mother’s Day plans (ie lunch/dinner out, visit a spa, special trip planned)?
“I’m working … I’ll be here! This place is my Mother’s Day!”
- What was the best Mother’s Day gift you ever received?
“My kids love. You can’t buy that. That’s the best gift anyone could ask for – I’m so, so, so proud of my kids.” I still get hand drawn and decorated cards.
- Is there anything special you want to say about your kids?
“My kids are my life. I do everything for them … they’re my whole world.”
Follow Lakeshore Coffee House: