HOME / BLOG
Explore the people and places that make downtown a great place to visit, live and work.
Investors Group: Meet Dave & Lisa-Marie
Posted: Feb 9, 2017
In the spirit of Valentine’s Day this month, we want to celebrate all the couples that make our downtown a special place to work and play.❤️
We applaud and recognize those who work together in business everyday.
Investors Group: Dave & Lisa-Marie
- How long have you been working together? We have both been in the investment industry for over 20 years however we only starting working together 6 years ago.
- Why did you decide to work together/open a business together? We decided in January of 2011 that I would focus my efforts on looking after the advisors in our office and Lisa-Marie would look after our clients primarily. She has a very strong analytical background and she is amazing with clients. The timing was great because we were both looking for different challenges within our firm.
- How do you balance work-life with your personal relationship? We do and we don’t. The 2 of us run extremely busy practices and so it’s really nice that we completely understand the sacrifices that each other need to make to keep our businesses humming. However, sometimes one of us wants to keep the work conversations flowing while the other wants to completely disconnect and catch up on their Instagram feed 😊
- What’s the best thing about working with your significant other?
Answer #1 – We don’t have explain who’s who in our company or industry terminology to each other.
Answer #2 – We get to drive to work together, eat lunch together, and go home together every day of the week…yes, every single day… (insert smiley face again).
- Do you have anything special planned for Valentine’s Day? (Dinner out/in? Chocolates?) This year we decided to stay home because of our hectic schedules. The plan right now is to open a great bottle of wine and make a meal together that we both love to cook and eat. The reality is we’ll probably work late on the 14th and open a great bottle of wine and call John at Mikado to make some sushi for us.
- Who is the real boss? Please introduce me to the guy who is foolish enough to answer that he is the real boss.
- Anything special you want to say about your significant other?
Answer #1 – Lisa-Marie has done an amazing job of being a great mom, a very successful business owner and partner and she knows exactly when each one is the most important to our family.
Answer #2 – Dave is amazing. I am incredibly blessed and grateful to have a business partner and husband who is as supportive and selfless as he is. I wouldn’t be where I am without him.
To find more about Investors Group check them out here.
Meet Vince from Cold Turkey
Get to know the people behind your favourite spaces! We'll be introducing you to a new owner & business throughout the year!
Road Closure Notification: ⛔️ Ontario St. from Maple Ave. to Brock Ave. is closed until Thursday, June 20, 2019 at… https://t.co/VOyblegqo6
Jun 19, 2019
RT @Rotary_Lakeside: Pane Fresco is a #BurlOn staple! We can already taste their rustic breads & Italian cafe favorites that will be availa…
NEWS & EVENTS SIGN-UP