The City of Burlington has been chosen as a host city for the acclaimed Rogers Hometown Hockey with Ron MacLean and Tara Slone on Oct. 27th-28.
Residents, hockey players and hockey fans of all ages and abilities are invited to attend, participate and enjoy the free festivities planned throughout the weekend as Burlington’s beauty, residents and generosity is featured across Canada on Sportsnet. The event will take place on Brant Street between Ontario Street & Pine Street & outside City Hall.
Saturday October 27th 12:00p.m.-6:00 p.m.
Sunday October 28th 1:00 p.m.-11:00 p.m.
About Rogers Hometown Hockey
Each week during the 2018-2019 NHL season, the Rogers Hometown Hockey Tour will visit a different community across the country with a weekend of free outdoor hockey festivities for all ages, culminating in an outdoor viewing party of an NHL game broadcast every Sunday, with Ron MacLean and Tara Slone hosting live onsite from the Sportsnet Mobile Studio.
FREE Shuttle Service
Continuous shuttle service will be provided from the North Side of Burlington GO Station to the downtown transit terminal (430 John Street).
Saturday, Oct. 27
First Pick-up Time: 9:30 a.m. Location: North Side of Burlington GO Station
Final Drop-off Time: 6 :30 p.m. Location: John Street Terminal
Sunday, Oct. 28
First Pick-up Time: 11:30 a.m. Location: North Side of Burlington Go Station
Final Drop-off Time: 11:30 p.m. Location: John Street Terminal
We strongly recommend using the shuttle as we are expecting 20,000 spectators over the weekend. Parking is free at the GO Station.
Traffic and Parking
For the safety and enjoyment of the thousands of spectators expected to attend over the weekend, sections of downtown Burlington will be closed to traffic from Thursday to Sunday night.
- Brant Street will be closed from Ontario Street to Lakeshore Road (local access points will be available for affected residents).
- James Street will be closed from John to Brant Street.
- Residents are asked to carpool or take public transit to downtown Burlington.
- Parking Lot #5 (on Brant Street, at the end of Elgin Street) will be closed as of Thursday, Oct. 26 and will be open early Monday, Oct. 29.
- Do not park in the No Frills parking lot as non-customers will be towed.