- This event has passed.
Pre-Application Community Meeting: Waterfront Hotel Burlington
September 8, 2021 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
APPLICATION MEETING: A proposal to demolish the existing Waterfront Hotel Burlington building replaced with two towers (35- and 30-storeys) inclusive of a 5-storey podium. Wednesday, Sept. 8, 2021 6:30-8:30 p.m.
Participate On-Line via Zoom: www.burlington.ca/2020lakeshore or https://zoom.us/j/93677332408 Participate by Telephone (audio only) Dial: +1 647 374 4685 Meeting ID: 936 7733 2408 Please be advised that a virtual pre-application community meeting for proposed redevelopment of the Waterfront Hotel site at 2020 Lakeshore Road has been scheduled for September 8th at 6:30pm.
The public notice is being mailed out to all property owners and tenants within 120 metres of the property and should be arriving in mailboxes this week. A project webpage has been set up at www.burlington.ca/2020lakeshore. As indicated on the webpage and on the mailed notice, this development pre-application process is initiated by the property owner and is distinct from the City-led Waterfront Hotel Study that has established policy directions for the redevelopment of this site and is expected to resume later this year. For more information on the Waterfront Hotel Study, visit www.burlington.ca/waterfronthotelstudy
- Welcome and Introductions;
- Introductory comments by Mayor Marianne Meed Ward and Ward 2 Councillor Lisa Kearns;
- City Planning Staff Presentation on the Planning Process (more information on the planning process can be found at www.burlington.ca/planningprocess);
- Review of Waterfront Hotel Study;
- Owner Presentation on the Development Proposal;
- Comments and Questions & Answers with the public.
After the event, additional comments, questions, and feedback for the Owner can be directed to the planning consultant, Bousfields Inc., at email@example.com or 905-549-3005 ext. 259.