- This event has passed.
Canada Day Celebrations
July 1 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 pm
The City of Burlington is excited to return to an in-person Canada Day celebration in Spencer Smith Park in 2022. Recognized by Festivals and Events Ontario as a “Top 100” event, this year’s celebrations will focus on providing evening entertainment leading into a spectacular fireworks display over the lake.
- Yoga in the Park at 9 a.m. (Spencer Smith Park, east lawn)
- Canada Day Run, 1k and 5k at 9.a.m. Register online.
Late Afternoon and Evening Events
- Food and marketplace vendors
- Live entertainment from the stage begins at 4 p.m., featuring:
- The Burlington Teen Tour Band
- Greetings from Mayor Marianne Meed Ward
- Special guests include Dragon Drummers, David Johannesson (rock/blues) and K’Bola Band (Latin music and dancing)
- Fireworks at 10 p.m. presented by Bunzl
Help Us Keep this event “Green”!
- Bring a re-useable bottle to fill at the water station
- Take the shuttle bus from the southside of the Burlington GO station (2101 Fairview St.) to the downtown bus terminal (640 John St.) — a short 5-minute walk to the park. The shuttle operates a continuous loop from 3 to 11 p.m.
- Cycle to the event. Lock your bike in the corral located at the main park entrance (near the hotel)
Note: due to the large crowds, please leave your pets at home.