Dr. Paulette Laidlaw, Psychologist
3190 Harvester Rd, Burlington, ON L7N 3T1, Canada
3190 Harvester Road Burlington Ontario L7N 3T1 CA
Dr. Paulette Laidlaw, Registered Psychologist, provides individual treatment, counselling and assessment to adults 19 years of age and older. Models include cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT), solution-focused therapy and brief psychotherapy with a special interest in depression, anxiety, and reactions to trauma/abuse. Dr. Laidlaw offers personality, intellectual and psychological assessments and the following workshops:
- Taking care while giving care: Identifying and coping with work-related stress
- Fostering resilience and post-traumatic growth
- Dealing with volatile clients or those with mental health issues
- Death notification with professionalism and compassion
- Crisis intervention and ethics in helping
- Defusing and debriefing 101
- Promoting first-responder resilience
- Suicide risk assessment/prevention
- Dealing with complicated grief and trauma bereavement
- Cumulative stress, burnout or PTSD: What is it really?
- The PTSD epidemic: Fact or Fiction?
- Living in the shadow of evil: How to survive encounters with the everyday sociopath