Dr. Paulette Laidlaw, Psychologist
Dr. Paulette Laidlaw, Registered Psychologist, provides individual treatment, counselling and assessment to adults 19 years of age and older. Models include cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT), solution-focused therapy and brief psychotherapy with a special interest in depression, anxiety, and reactions to trauma/abuse. Dr. Laidlaw offers personality, intellectual and psychological assessments and the following workshops:
- Taking care while giving care: Identifying and coping with work-related stress
- Fostering resilience and post-traumatic growth
- Dealing with volatile clients or those with mental health issues
- Death notification with professionalism and compassion
- Crisis intervention and ethics in helping
- Defusing and debriefing 101
- Promoting first-responder resilience
- Suicide risk assessment/prevention
- Dealing with complicated grief and trauma bereavement
- Cumulative stress, burnout or PTSD: What is it really?
- The PTSD epidemic: Fact or Fiction?
- Living in the shadow of evil: How to survive encounters with the everyday sociopath