Art Gallery of Burlington
Welcome to the Art Gallery of Burlington. AGB is an award-winning public art gallery and community centre located in the heart of Burlington, Ontario. We stage as many as 12 exhibitions a year and are home to the largest collection of Canadian contemporary ceramics.
We are a place of intersection where creators, cultures and communities meet and share in the wealth of human creativity. Our facility is an interactive and creative space, with art education programs and public tours for people of all ages. Spanning over 44,000 square feet, our space boasts eight studios, three galleries, a one-of-a-kind gift shop, an exhibition courtyard and year-round conservatory.
- Sensational exhibitions featuring local, national, and international artists.
- We stage as many as 12 exhibitions a year and are home to an acclaimed collection of Canadian contemporary ceramics.
- Award-winning art education at the gallery, in schools and organizations throughout Burlington.
- Inspiring surroundings to explore at the in-house conservatory and exhibition courtyard.
- The AGB Shop offers amazing gifts from Canadian artisans, and options to rent or buy original art from our selected artists.
For 45 years we have been welcoming and hosting creative thinkers and artists in our community. Founded in 1978, the Art Gallery of Burlington reflects the unique vision of artists in many ways because it grew from the efforts of several Burlington visual arts cooperatives and guilds which recognized the need for a home for artists working in the region. Seven guilds now create within the AGB along with the public, using studios dedicated to photography, hand-weaving, spinning, sculpture, woodcarving, fine arts, pottery, and hooking craft.
Today, we are a multi-faceted centre providing studio space, exhibitions, acclaimed ceramics collection, art education and a dynamic visitor’s experience.