|Downtown Parking Update – Starting Tuesday, Dec. 1, 2020
Pay for parking and get an extra 90 minutes in Downtown Burlington
If you visit and park in Downtown Burlington, you can get 90 minutes of free parking when you pay for parking starting Dec. 1, 2020 until April 20, 2021. Pay at the parking machine or use the HonkMobile app to pay for parking and receive an additional 90 minutes of parking on us!
This initiative is supported by the Burlington Downtown Business Association to encourage you to visit all the great retailers in Downtown Burlington and support small businesses during these unprecedented times.
Parking in Downtown is Burlington is always free after 6 p.m. and on weekends and holidays.
On Nov. 23, 2020, Burlington City Council approved this initiative as a Pilot Project to temporarily amend Parking By-law 39-2016, effective Dec. 1, 2020.
How to get your bonus 90 minutes of parking:
- Park in an on-street spot or in any municipal parking lot
- Pay for parking at machine or using HonkMobile app. The minimum payment is $0.25.
- An additional 90 bonus minutes will be added to the time you pay for
- If your time expires, including the additional 90 bonus minutes and you wish to stay longer to shop or eat, you can extend your time by paying for more parking using HonkMobile app or inserting more money into the machine, up to three hours in street and all day in lots.
Parking in downtown Burlington is free weekdays after 6 p.m. , weekends and holidays with the exception of the Waterfront parking lots at Spencer Smith Park.
Learn more about:
- Downtown Parking 101 – a guide to parking downtown (PDF)
- Downtown Parking – A Guide for Downtown Businesses
- Free parking information
- Interactive parking map
- Special event parking map
- Pay-By-Plate parking machines in downtown Burlington
- HonkMobile app – search, pay for and top-up parking payments in downtown Burlington direct from your smartphone or tablet
- New parking technology