SPECIAL EVENT ROAD RACE TRAFFIC CONTROL NOTICE
Dear Fellow Burlington Resident / Business Owner,
On Thursday, July 18th, 2013 VR Pro is hosting our annual Eaton Electrical Downtown Dash 5K and 10K road races as indicated on the race route map on the back of this letter. Pledges and donations from the event support the Easter Seals Ontario organization. The races start at 7:15 PM and will be finished by 8:45 PM and about 700 entrants are expected. The 10K race is the Ontario Masters Road Race Championship.
- Pearl Street will be closed from James Street to Pine Street on Thursday, July 18th from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM to accommodate the start/finish line area.
- One lane of all race route roads will be coned off for the use of runners who will travel clockwise around the illustrated event route. Drivers are requested to use the remaining lane to travel in the opposite direction to the runners.
- Two-way traffic will be maintained on Lakeshore Rd and on Maple Ave during the race.
- Police will provide traffic control at all major intersection and road crossings.
- Expect delays at locations where runners cross roads. Access will be provided when there are suitable gaps between the runners.
- Drivers are requested, where possible, to find alternate routes to avoid congestion at these crossings.
- Emergency access will be maintained at all times on all race route roads.
If you have any questions regarding the presentation of the race please give us a call at (905) 512-2488 or by email at email@example.com. If you have any questions about traffic control for the race please contact Peter Peebles, Transportation Services, at 905 335-7600 ext 7847 or at Peter.Peebles@burlington.ca
If you would like to cheer these runners on, volunteer, participate, or donate please call us and we would be very grateful for your support.
Mark and Kelly Arnott VR Pro