Get to know the people behind your favourite places & spaces in downtown Burlington! We’ll be introducing you to a new owner & business each and every month.
This week, meet Brent, Rob & Paul from Vape Nation
- Why did you start/open this business?
“The number one reason is that we wanted to help people quit smoking. When we looked at what was currently being offered we felt there was a need for a better selection of ejuice and [vaping] hardware.”
- Tell us a little bit about yourself and your business. (i.e. What is your unique offering?)
“Our selection is second to none in terms of e-liquids and hardware. Our Customer service is above the competition, I know everybody says that, but we really do try and go above and beyond by offering warranties on hardware, we help troubleshoot if a Customer is struggling with a product, and we do price matching. The way we approach customer service is to look at it as an opportunity … every time we sell to one customer, we’re really selling to ten customers because if we do a good job, then our customers refer us. Our business is stronger because of loyal customers and word-of-mouth-referrals.”
- When did you open your business in Downtown Burlington?
- What made you choose Downtown Burlington?
“Downtown Burlington is ‘upscale’, and it’s growing. I feel like Downtown Burlington has really revivied itself in the last 5 or so years.”
- What are the biggest benefits of having your business located in the downtown Burlington core?
“The events. Being able to participate in so many community events – like RibFest and the Sound of Music.”
- What other downtown businesses do you frequent and do business with?
“Boon Burger big time! And MollyCake!”
- What special events do you have coming up in 2016 that you would like the BDBA to promote and/or publish on our website and social media outlets?
“We have a lot of seasonal sales, and we offer a kind of loyalty program where if you buy 10 bottles [of ejuice] you get one free … we also do special sales when there is an event happening Downtown, like RibFest or Sound of Music.
- If you had a piece of advice for our new businesses, to help them succeed, what would it be?
“Get involved in the community – personally and professionally.”
- What is your favourite singer or band?
Brent: Bob Dylan
Paul B.: Buddy Guy
Robin: Gary Clark Jr.
For more – check out their website at vapenationcanada.com.