Get to know the people behind your favourite places & spaces in downtown Burlington! We’ll be introducing you to a new owner & business each and every month.
This week, meet Jim and Kathleen from Corbett Family Chiropractic.
- Why did you start/open this business?
Jim and I met each other in chiropractic college. We realized quickly that we had similar values both personally and professionally. Chiropractic is more than just getting your back adjusted, it is part of a lifestyle that includes wellness, fitness, nutrition and so much more. It is an important part of our lives and we wanted to share our vision with the community around us.
- Tell us a little bit about yourself and your business. (i.e. What is your unique offering?)
We approach our clients as individuals. We develop health plans for each client and make recommendations based on what we feel is best for that person at that time. We also know our limitations, if we can’t help you – we’ll tell you.
- When did you open your business in Downtown Burlington?
We moved to Burlington and opened our business in May 2000.
- What made you choose Downtown Burlington?
Jim was born and raised in Burlington, so it was natural to move here after graduating and getting married.
- What are the biggest benefits of having your business located in the downtown Burlington core?
We love being near the lake. We can walk to work and love that we can stroll around and bump into clients while we are out and about. It is a true sense of community.
- What other downtown businesses do you frequent and do business with?
(i.e. banking, dentist, shopping, where do you eat, etc.)
Having lived and worked here for 16 years, we have seen alot of changes downtown. We do our business banking downtown, frequently eat out and love strolling around the various shops.
- What special events do you have coming up in 2016 that you would like the BDBA to promote and/or publish on our website and social media outlets?
We celebrated 16 years in business this past May. We hope to have some holiday specials/events this fall/winter.
- Tell us about your staff and/or a loyal employee and/or a special customer who has made a difference to you and your business.
Corbett Family Chiropractic means many things to us… our family unit personally as well as those practitioners that are part of our extended family, Emily Berridge (RMT), Lindsay Wagner (RMT), Paul Marchinko (TCM/Acupuncturist), Tracy Warrener (Reiki/Reflexology) and Dana Van Clieaf who keeps the office running smoothly.
- If you had a piece of advice for our new businesses, to help them succeed, what would it be?
Be proud, be confident and share your story.
10. What is your favourite sport? Why?
We love movement in general, a brisk walk, a good bike ride, game of tennis, whatever gets the heart pumping. With two young girls we are always on the move. Movement is life!