In the spirit of Fathers’s Day this month we want to celebrate all the dads that make our downtown a special place to work and play.
We applaud and recognize those dads & daughters and dads & sons that work together in business everyday.
Ken, Tim & Doyle (Brant Florist)
- How long have you been working together?
Since we started in 1977. They were kids then, but they’d still come in and help out.
- Why did you decide to work together/open a business together/come on-board?
The boys were interested in the business, and in the industry.
- How do you balance work-life with your personal-relationship?
We get together personally, outside of work. We don’t talk about business outside of work. Sunday dinners are the most frequent get-together we have outside of the store.
- What’s the best thing about working with your sons?
They do a superb job of managing the business.
- What’s the best thing about working with your dad?
Doyle: I love him. I’ve been here all my adult life, and I get to see my Dad every day.
- Do you have any Father’s Day plans (ie lunch/dinner out, golfing, special trip planned)?
Ken: We’re open 7 days a week, so it doesn’t mean that on Father’s Day I get to sit on a pedestal! I’m sure we’ll have a special dinner that night though.
- What was the best Father’s Day gift you ever received?
Books! I’m a reader. So I guarantee one of my presents this year will be a book.
- What was the worst?
There have never been any bad ones, they’re all good!
- Is there anything special you want to say about your dad?
Doyle: He’s amazing.
- Is there anything special you want to say about your son/daughter?
I’m proud of them, as my sons. And I’m pleased to continue working into my retirement to help them.
Check out their website at brantflorist.com.